eJAmerica can offer a variety of services related to SAP. Some examples include:
- Implementation: Assist clients in the installation and configuration of SAP software, as well as the customization of the software to meet the client’s specific business needs.
- Integration: connecting SAP software with other systems and applications within the client’s IT infrastructure.
- Upgrade and Migration: helping clients upgrade to the latest version of SAP software or migrating to new platforms or infrastructure.
- Maintenance and Support: Provide ongoing maintenance and support for SAP software, including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Consulting: providing expert advice and guidance on how to best use and optimize SAP software to meet the client’s business objectives.
- Training: training clients on how to use SAP software, including end-user training and administrator training.
- Outsourcing: handling all or part of a client’s SAP environment management and support to provide more efficient IT services.
eJAmerica can support a wide range of SAP modules, depending on the specific needs of our clients. Some of the most common SAP modules that we support include:
- Financial Accounting (FI): used to manage financial transactions and accounting processes, such as general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Sales and Distribution (SD): used to manage sales and distribution processes, such as order management, billing, and shipping.
- Material Management (MM): used to manage material and inventory processes, such as purchasing, inventory management, and warehouse management.
- Production Planning (PP): used to manage production processes, such as planning, scheduling, and cost control.
- Human Capital Management (HCM): used to manage human resources processes, such as payroll, benefits, and talent management.
- Supply Chain Management (SCM): used to manage supply chain processes, such as logistics, procurement, and transportation.
- Plant Maintenance (PM): used to manage plant maintenance processes, such as maintenance planning and execution, equipment management and work order management.
- Project System (PS): used to manage project management processes, such as budgeting, scheduling, and cost control.
- Quality Management (QM): used to manage quality processes, such as quality inspection, testing, and certification.
- Financial Supply Chain Management (FSCM): used to manage financial supply chain processes, such as credit management, dispute management, and collection management.
These are some of the main modules that eJAmerica can support, but there are many other specialized modules available as well that we can support, for example, SAP Digital Manufacturing (formerly known as SAP Manufacturing Execution) is a module in the SAP Manufacturing suite that provides a set of tools to enable the digitalization of manufacturing processes. It helps manufacturers to improve the efficiency and agility of their operations by providing real-time data and insights into production processes, and allowing for better collaboration between different departments and systems.
SAP Digital Manufacturing can be supported. It is essentially used for:
- Track and monitor production processes in real-time, providing visibility into production status and performance
- Automate and optimize production scheduling, reducing the need for manual intervention
- Facilitate the collection, analysis, and sharing of production data across different systems and departments
- Improve the traceability of products, enabling manufacturers to quickly identify and correct quality issues
- Enhance collaboration across different departments and systems, improving overall efficiency and agility.
It can be integrated with other SAP solutions such as SAP S/4HANA, SAP MII, and SAP IoT, and can be used across different industries such as automotive, chemical, consumer products, discrete manufacturing, machinery and equipment, and Pharmaceutical.
A global SAP rollout can be a complex and challenging process, but with proper planning and execution, it can be a successful endeavor that brings significant benefits to an organization. Here are some critical success factors to consider when planning a global SAP rollout:
- Strong project management: A well-planned and executed project management approach is critical for ensuring that the rollout is completed on time and within budget. We have multiple SAP Senior and Global Project managers available for immediate deployment.
- Clear communication: A clear and consistent communication plan is essential for keeping all stakeholders informed of the project’s progress and for addressing any issues that arise. We have established many communication templates that can be reused.
- Customization: SAP offers a wide range of standard functionalities, but it is important to understand the specific requirements of each country or region and make necessary customizations.
- Data migration: A robust data migration plan is essential for ensuring that all the data is transferred correctly and completely to the new system. We have many experts in the Data Migration and Master Datat Management areas of SAP.
- Test and validation: Adequate testing and validation of the new system is essential to ensure that it meets the needs of the organization and that it is functioning as expected.
- Change management: Effective change management is crucial for ensuring that the rollout is successful, by minimizing the impact of the change on employees and business operations.
- Training: Effective training and support for employees are critical for ensuring that the new system is adopted and used effectively by all users. We can provide SAP training.
- Support and maintenance: A strong support and maintenance plan is essential for ensuring that the new system is stable and reliable and that any issues that arise are resolved quickly.
- Compliance: Ensure that the rollout is in compliance with all local laws and regulations and that the necessary certifications are in place.
- Governance and security: A robust governance and security plan is crucial for ensuring that the system is secure and that data is protected.
By considering these critical success factors and taking the necessary steps to address them, an organization can increase the chances of a successful global SAP rollout.
Case Study (Spectrum Brands)
Client – A global consumer products company offering an expanding portfolio of leading brands. Client is a leading supplier of consumer batteries, residential locksets, residential builders’ hardware, plumbing, shaving and grooming products, personal care products, small household appliances, specialty pet supplies, lawn and garden and home pest control products, personal insect repellents, and auto care products. Client’s products are sold by the world’s top 25 retailers and are available in more than one million stores in approximately 160 countries.
Challenge – Client experienced rapid growth over the past few years through mergers and acquisitions. This resulted in a spaghetti of IT solutions with multiple ERP products and instances across the globe. A complex global coverage need with local language support requirement, and a history of past failures in implementing a unified solution, put the client in a difficult spot. Lack of standardized business processes across business lines and geographies led to inefficiencies, high operating costs, reduced visibility, reduced agility, and decreased adaptability to evolving business demand. The complexity was further increased because of multiple vendors and disparate/redundant IT teams across businesses.
Our Solution – Provided an experienced and proven consulting team that led the development and implementation of strategic and tactical solutions to address the challenges. Helped the client in devising a global SAP ERP solution and led the phased rollout of the platform in several business lines and across multiple countries. Involved local language customization for China, Mexico, Canada and USA. Agile and flexible team that constantly adapted to ever changing business demand resulting from rapid growth.
Results – A successful large-scale implementation of SAP based global ERP Solution. Integration of disparate IT teams from various business lines. Rationalization of ERP products and instances. Projected cost savings of ~29M? annually for the company. Standardized operational process across various business lines and improved efficiencies globally.
Client Feedback –
“Great support, love the fact that eJAmerica has been there for us for 2+ years, we have extended our engagement due to the exceptional service provided” – LeeAnn McLaughlin Basing, Director, Locks Global Sourcing